Thursday, August 24, 2006

The Parting of Pluto

My Very Eager Mother Just Served Us Nachos. It seems we need to change one of the most famous mnemonics ever. We were very close last week to it being redefined to "My Very Eager Mother Certainly Just Served Us Nine Pizzas Catered Ubiquitously". That's just ridiculous. But now third graders can no longer make the joke that there's a planet named after Mickey Mouse's dog (I certainly made that joke, probably in first grade; that's how awesome I am). This is the first major change to the number of planets since 1930. I think an even number of planets is unnatural and goes against the status quo, but that's just me.

Fare thee well, Pluto, o most eccentric and the greatest of the discredited celestial bodies. Begone from the pantheon of planets.

No comments: