Sunday, January 15, 2006

First Shabbat

So I am still without my luggage. I am reduced to the only kind of underwear I can find in Israel; horror of horrors: the Speedo. That's right, until my boxers come to me, I have to wear these pairs of speedos. It's a very different experience, and having not worn tidy-whities for 10 years, it feels strange and uncomfortable. And I wanted to switch to boxer briefs... I'll stick with boxers, thank you very much.

I enjoyed Shabbos. I did a lot of exploring, both of Jerusalem and of theological philosophy. I'm not going to get into the specifics now because I need to sleep for Orientation in just a few hours time and the, God-willing, arrival of my luggage in the morning.

I do want to mention that tonight was strange in that, when I went with friends on the long walk to Ben Yehuda Street, we had some weird experiences: a motor fire right in front of the building I'm staying in on Rechov Rabban Yochanan Ben Zakkai. Literally a motor was on fire on the playground of the building. We also met some very interesting characters.

Also, a shoutout to Jaymie, Becky, and Josh who I visited today on their birthright trip. Hope you had an awesome time in Eretz Yisrael.

To be continued, bli neder, with details of my spontaneous trip to the Old City and details of our night outing, but I must sleep now.

A zissen voch, a gevaldike voch,
Matt

No comments: